Thursday, December 13, 2007

"You're not really a girl"- James Harrington

I'd like to think of myself as an enigma. For example-

I played shows almost every weekend and probably at least 2 times a weekend in indie rock band for 4 years, but I don't like to stand up and make announcements in church or play any sport that requires people to look at me.

I play drums, but I like girly stuff like tea rooms

I've been called a tomboy, but I love wearing dresses.

I love girl movies, but hate the color pink.

And the list goes on.

Again I'd like to think of myself as mysterious, but in reality I'm just insane or in other words female.

Tonight I watched Elf with the Thompson Family and taught Michelle to knit. There's another one to add to the list. Yes I'm 25, single, and I sit home at night and knit.....this is a relatively new activity for me. 25 and single isn't new though. That has been going on since April. It replaced 24 and single.

So I'm officially an old lady when I knit and wait for children to go to bed so I can sneak a frozen pizza in the oven.

Insane, mysterious, feminine, call it what you want, but you're the stupid head reading this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont worry about what james says... you are female whether you like it or not :) and lets just forget I heard about knitting.....

James said...

Yes Erin, Josh is right, you are indeed gloriously female...

a position I've held since before you stopped hating me, in fact, but it's nonetheless endearing that I'm quoted as saying it even now. :)

Erin Lee said...

Hmm. Last I checked...I still hated you. Let me check again. Yeah, still hatred there.

Anonymous said...

So I'm glad I'm not the only one who sneaks food while the kiddies are sleeping! haha

tim

Robdul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

People should read this.