Wednesday, December 12, 2007

75 in December

Am I allowed to write something short? Am I capable of writing something short? I know I am short...I'm told that at least once or twice a day.

Today was incredible. It was 75 degrees. I wore a t-shirt, set up a table outside to work in the beautiful sunny weather, and tonight I didn't have to wear a jacket. Amazing.

Besides the amazing weather, I was fortunate enough to see Over the Rhine at the Belcourt Theatre. I'm not good at describing things so yeah, absolutely magical. Imagine a small old theatre, a woman with one of the most incredible voices that I've ever heard wearing a long dress, jangly piano, violin, upright bass, an amazing guitarist, mandolin, jazz drums, Christmas music, blues, jazz, old country, and a band that knows what they are doing and are enjoying it. Magical. Check them out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Besides the amazing weather, I was fortunate enough to see Over the Rhine at the Belcourt Theatre."

YOU STINK! they are amazing...

tim

http://enthroned98.wordpress.com

Erin Lee said...

Wasn't I the one that introduced you to them by dragging you and Rick to the midnight show at Cornerstone where we only saw 30 seconds of the last song? Hmm? I think I've paid my dues.

Unknown said...

No you introduced them to rick, I had heard them. But I never really listened to them too much. so you influenced me to like them I guess =)

i enjoyed their show last year, even though the power kept going out randomly through their set.

at any rate...you still stink!

tim

http://enthroned98.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

"Imagine a small old theatre, a woman with one of the most incredible voices that I've ever heard wearing a long dress, jangly piano, violin..."

Wow, it must have been heavy wearing all those instruments :)

Erin Lee said...

She looked exhausted. I thought (to myself of course) how silly of her to wear that outfit.

James said...

Silly indeed.

Sounds like she was wearing more hardware than some of those rapper-types.

Erin Lee said...

Yes. The piano was really ridiculous. The violin was a bit much but the piano...goodness.