Wednesday, October 17, 2007

God's Promises

Tonight was another amazing Woman's Study and one thing that really hit me was the speaker's comment about when you are needing reassurance for steps of faith that you are talking, read God's promises in the Bible. It hit me that God knows everything about you, everything that you are going through and although these promises are definitely tied to something specific to the time, they are also for me. Let me explain further. I know that this sounds so cliche, but God knew each circumstance that I would be going through and even if that promise was written specifically for let's say Abraham, God still knew that someday I would be going through _____ and that I would need to hear that promise. So he said "This promise is for Abraham but also for my Erin who is going to go through _______ thousands of years from now and I know this. I love her and she'll need to hear this." Oh my gosh!!!! That is so incredible and probably something I should have gotten a long time ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always been encouraged by the fact that God is unchanging. God is consistent. We don't have to wonder if God is in a bad mood today or something.

We know that God is always faithful.

God calls us to trust him, and it's pretty safe to trust a God who never changes, yet so often we doubt.

We are like Peter...we see the wind and the waves (Matt 14). We see our circumstances, and it freaks us out. That's why maintaining focus on God is often hard (but ultimately rewarding).

tim