Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Life as a Single 25 year old Female

This first picture is from several weeks back. My camera battery died while I was taking it, so it isn't the greatest image ever, but it does contain photographic evidence to blackmail both Wesley and James with. Here's the story-

One night Michelle and I decided to take over the TV yet again to watch one of our girl movies. This is usually how it happens-

Erin: "Michelle hey why don't we watch an English period drama for the hundredth time"
Michelle: "Yay" I'm not able to describe the Michelle face that goes along with this, but if you know her, you've seen it.
John: "What are you guys watching? Oh gosh, I'm going to bed"

So this was one of those nights. John had taken Jordan to some Emo/Goth/Hardcore such and such band concert that night and Michelle and I rented Wuthering Heights, but this time Michelle had the bright idea to call James and flat out ask him to watch a girl movie with us. The stupid-head agreed and said he'd come over knowing full well what he was getting himself into....well not quite.

While James is innocently making his way over to the Thompson's, Michelle, Trinity and I got the bright idea of putting on Michelle's old prom dresses. This was done with a lot of what one might call giggling and when James arrived, we awaited him on the couch in our 80's prom dresses (mine was actually a 1960's dress that one of Michelle's mom's bridesmaids wore) and tea cups and saucers in hand. At first James didn't notice because I would (and I might) wear that green dress on a normal day (it was really cool), but I think when he saw Michelle wearing her big poofy pink 80's prom dress (over her jeans and hoodie), he was a little freaked out. Wesley later joined the festivities wearing my mother's bridesmaid dress and we made James drink his Gatorade out of a pink polka dot cup with matching saucer.

Wesley and I have been watching Lost together in my room at night. It has been a lot of fun, but makes me regret not taking the time to do this sort of thing with my real little brother. Tonight we watched some more of season two and when we finished, I had to drag him out of my room 3 times before he would go to bed. He is an AMAZING kid and I adore him. I don't know what I would have done when I first moved here if the Thompson kids weren't around. We've spent a lot of time together and so far I think we all still like each other.



3 comments:

Dove Wedding Photography said...

Ha Ha Ha! I love that face in the 2nd to last picture!

-Whitney

Erin Lee said...

The funny thing is that's exactly how it looks while we are watching Lost. I'm freaking out and Wesley is totally calm.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't see this before! It's hilarious!!! I LOVE it!!!