Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rebound Update

It will be 3 weeks on Saturday since Rebound became the man of the house. The picture that I posted in the last blog isn't actually him. When I got to the breeder's (which was 2 hours away) the breeder told me that I was going to mad at them because they sent me a picture of his sister. My heart sank because by the way that she worded things, I was expecting a hideously ugly puppy, but then she pulled him out of his carrier and he stole my heart (as you'll soon learn, like most boys, Rebound enjoys messing with my heart.)

If you remember the picture from the last blog, you'll remember how huge the puppy's ears are. Well, Rebound's ears aren't as large and in fact the tip of his left ear was bitten off by one of his sisters (perhaps she was jealous?). Here's a picture of the baby with Jesse. I need to take new photos because already he has way more hair, his right ear is sticking straight up, and he's already bigger :(



From www.cairnterrier.org-

The Cairn Terrier in America is a sensible, confident little dog, independent but friendly with everyone he meets.

My confident dog is afraid of the following:

  • boxes (he was terrified of a empty rice box the other day)
  • geese
  • sparrows
  • the neighbor
  • airplane noises (which is bad because I live by an airport)
  • the wind
  • bicycles
  • moving cars
  • riding in the car
  • children's wagons
  • other dogs
  • garbage blowing toward him
  • me crying (he tries to get off my lap or turns his head....typical boy)
  • being house broken

No comments: